


Cambodia was my favorite country we visited. Their culture, recent oppression, and living circumstances left quite an impression on us all. It's a memory I hope to never forget.
Rivers and Madison with a Cambodian Monk and Jason, me and kids.
We rode bikes around Pulau Uben (a more remote island of singapore). I rode with my legs like a frog the whole time.
Tioman, Malaysia was the most relaxing country we visited (as you can see by the almost dead look on Jason's face). We took a 2 hour boat ride to get to this island with the bluest water, whitest sand and we felt like we were almost alone there. It was soooo great!


My mom met us there too (providing entertainment because she slipped while staring at the monkeys in the dark and hit her head on a rock - good thing I had my trusty first-aid kit). Lots of good grandkid bonding moments with Jason's kids (Brody, Madison and Warwick) and my two. My mom is holding my chunk of a boy.
Australia was our next stop. We landed in Darwin and drove inland to Katherine Gorge and Kakadu National Park. This northern part of Australia is mostly inhabited by the Aboriginees.
I love this picture of Rivers and Madison - hiking back from the water hole and falls pictured above them. Yea, we let the kids swim in their undies. We had the whole place to ourselves. The first picture in this bunch shows Carlos and Jason scaring the kids (and me) pretending like the river was sweeping them down toward the huge waterfalls just to the right of this picture. Madison is trying to pull her dad to safety. Good to know Jason hasn't changed - still likes scaring little kids (I'm still scared of going up stairs in the dark because I feel like there's someone chasing behind me like Jason always did until I cried when I was like 4).
I bunched these pictures together to make you think we were swimming with the crocodiles. We went on this boat and huge crocodiles would jump out of the water for the meat dangling a few feet from our arms! Even Carlos got a little nervous with this stunt. The one of us in the water was one of the few places we could swim without crocodile danger. It was at the bottom of a bunch of little waterfalls and was the temperature you could swim in all day! Felt sooo good!
Our last day in Singapore before heading back. I could have stayed another month. That day we bought a few pieces of great chinese antique furniture for a steal since Jason could have it shipped back with his stuff. What a great trip!
2 comments:
Awesome pics dude! That was a cool trip indeed!! -Jason
Wow Tasha! That sounds like an incredible trip! Your kids are just so cute and little Dwight is a little chunk! It was fun to see your pics. I love your remodels in your house too:)
Post a Comment