Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"All at Once"






This little post is dedicated to my little sister Whitney (pictured with me above when I was 6 )because I was on iTunes the other day looking up the new Whitney Houston album (I know, I know... but it's been so long since she's had anything out and we loved her when we were little). Anyway, I saw the song "All at Once" from her Greatest Hits album and immediately got this picture in my head of walking into our bedroom when Whitney was about 7 or 8 and she was standing right in front of our awesome ghetto blaster with "All at Once" playing and was trying her hardest to get that verbratto just right as she sang along with all her emotion. You know when the song goes "once......." with all that wavering and soul? Anyway I listened secretly for a few seconds before I burst out laughing and she got embarrassed and mad and yelled at me to get out. Click on the link to see Whitney Houston singing it back in the day.
Here's a pic of Whitney and me in college...
And this last picture is of Tyler, Whitney, and me and something about it always makes me laugh when I see it...maybe it's that unfair look on Tyler's face, or Whitney's thoughtful pose, or my bangs I was trying to grow out.

2 comments:

Angela Marie Black said...

Are we going to start seeing more posts now that you're on bedrest??? : )
This is really cute. I love the first picture of you and Whitney. I TOTALLY know what part of that song you're talking about. Very funny.

whitneywinks said...

Dude, don't be jealous of my singing skills, Pebo Brycon. I have no idea how to spell that name.