Everyone keeps asking me "what do you do the whole day?" while I lay around and try to not move a muscle (doctor's orders) - terrified that anything will make me go into labor. So, here are some things that fill my long, long days. These aren't in order, so some are from home before I got stuck in the hospital. Like this is a picture of Rivers having a sleep over party with me in my hospital room (before kids were banished from the hospital). She brought nail polish and did my toes, we watched Barbie as Rapunzel, she brought lots of her build a bears and we got lots of "girl time" as she likes to call it.

Here we are snuggling in my hospital bed watching a movie. That was about the last time we got to hang out and it really, really sucks. Now both my kids have H1N1 and we have to use Skype to see and talk to each other. Talk about feeling helpless. I can't even take care of my sick kids.

Believe it or not, I've watched very few movies since being down, but I have renewed my fondness of the TV series Alias from years ago. Rivers watches them with me and tells me I absolutely can not watch any episodes without her and always begs to watch more when an episode is over. Maybe the secret desire to dress up in disguises and kick everyone's booty while going on crazy adventures is genetic.

Sometimes I just stare at my poor atrophied legs. I used to be proud of my muscular legs, and now they closely resemble a chicken. This picture makes them also look amputated.

At home Rivers and I would take big bubble baths together for our dates since I couldn't leave the house or really do anything else.

I'm also taking a graduate class on Macronutrients that luckily meets online. I am furiously trying to get my big research paper done before the bitty babies arrive. I've also read lots of books including "The Geography of Bliss", "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society", "Three Cups of Tea" (my favorite so far), "In Her Shoes", The story of Immaculee Ilibagiza, a Rwandan genocide survivor, and "These is my Words".

I picked up a new craft to keep my hands busy - crocheting. I've never done it in my life, and will probably never have time to do it again, but it's been fun creating lots of stuff. Here is Rivers modeling a bag I made for my Mom.

My myrtlewood box full of crocheting essentials.

A hat for Tanner

Booties and hats for friends who had babies


The hat I made for Rivers. She looks so darn cute in hats.


Some of my favorite moccasin like loafers I made up

A few more projects - most of these things are for friends that have kids and have been taking care of my kids and me for weeks. I also made some cute little mittens for CD but they didn't make the pic. I like the brown boots and red Mary Janes. I should start selling these things on ETSY to pay for the many medical bills I'm racking up.

I rub my belly with Bio-Oil

I stare at my picture door I put up on the hospital bathroom door to remember what people look like :(

I eat lots of almonds - my snack of choice lately.

At least I have a great view from my hospital room with a huge window.

Here it is at sunrise looking mighty pretty. Of course it looked better in person.

I've read this book Rivers made for me called "My Mom's Life" with great original illustrations many times. She made it for me during recess at school instead of playing. I miss that girl.

I need some bigger shirts. Me at 28 weeks with my belly starting to poke out the bottom.

Rivers and Dwight talking to the babies and telling them bye before going home. Rivers always says "bye, this is your sister Rivers", so this night Dwight said "bye, this is big boy". The hardest part of this whole deal is definitely being away from them.....and lots and lots and lots of other things. So anyway, that's what I do to try to stay sane, but it's not really working.
4 comments:
Tasha, you are in our thoughts and prayers. I can relate with how big you are growing, but I can't imagine how you're keeping yourself so busy. Thanks for sharing your positive outlook! ---Stephanie
Bless your heart - I can't imagine you not being able to run! That must be one of the "lots" of hard things!!! Cute pictures and good post!!! I read "These is my words" - I really enjoyed it and helped me how blessed we are to live with modern conviences!!! Did you know she wrote 2 more books - I've read one of them - and enjoyed it too!!! Are you on Goodreads.com? Keep on doing what you are doing!!! I pray for you and the network of friends you have helping you!!! Alles gute -
My heavens Tasha, I had no idea you were hospitalized! I wished I was in Utah so I could move into your house and take care of the kids for you; however, it sounds as though you are surrounded by family and friends doing a wonderful job. Your crocheting skills are amazing! I guess that is one upside to having lots of time on your hands right now. Yes, you should certainly start selling those originals on ETSY...better than any I've seen. We'll be in Utah for Christmas, hopefully we can see the babies, and Rivers can assist me in setting up the Nativity Calendar again this year. Beautiful family!
"Cody's mom"
I cannot believe how quickly you mastered crocheting! And with all that time to do nothing else, you've made tons of cute things...impressive! I love all the pics...very cute. I hope you the babies are still rolling around safely inside your belly. And if they couldn't wait to make their entrance, then I pray that they are doing well. You are in my thoughts!
Post a Comment