Thursday, December 3, 2009

Stuff from the last 6 weeks

The bitty babies are now 6 weeks and 5 lbs. It's so fun (and reassuring) to see them fill out and get little double chins. No tubes in this pic! They actually still have feeding tubes, but they were out this night.
We got to give them baths two nights ago and they both LOVED it! This is Dreyton enjoying his spa day.

Reagan wide awake after getting her bath.






Striking a pose.


They look soooo cute when they're snoozing.

Here are some pictures from Halloween. Rivers told me months before Halloween that she wanted to be a runner and I wasn't sure running shoes and shorts would make much of a costume, but we added some accessories and I had my Mom send my first track/cross-country uniform from when I was 7 and she had a great, original costume. Go Timberhill Harriers!
Can't forget the cornrows. She looked so cute.
Dwight was an alligator or a crocodile or a dinosaur or whatever he decided to answer when people asked him what he was.


I made it out of the hospital just in time to see Rivers last soccer game.

I got to go to church with the family again - notice Rivers cornrows lasted a few days


She loved her kinky hair after taking the braids out and didn't want to wash her hair.

Out on the town again.

Before going to Thanksgiving dinner at Christina's house. CD likes to make funny faces now and thinks this is his smile.

Here's another shot of his camera smile. He's so dang cute.


Last day in their incubators. Yeeha!

They've graduated to real cribs and seem so much older all of a sudden.
Oma came for a quick visit.
This picture was just three weeks ago but Dreyton already looks so much bigger than this.

I had to take a picture of Rivers' outfit because she often comes out of her room dressed in what she calls her "hip-hop" clothes and asks me to turn music on for her. She's got some moves.

I pretty much missed the whole summer outside, so we fit in a bike ride before the weather got too cold. Dwight had been asking to go in the bikecart for days and this is how I found him - sound asleep after the ride. Rivers cruised on my old banana seat bike.

Taking a walk along the creek in Sugarhouse park. CD could have stayed and thrown rocks into the water all day.



I like these pictures of them skipping through the leaves.

First time being next to eachother since they shared a womb.

They were about 5 weeks old here.

Another sleeping picture of Dwight. This time eating was just too tiring.
Don't think he just sleeps all day though. This is a better representation of his days. Naked and pretending to be a PowerRanger.
We went and cut down our Christmas tree at this weird little Christmas tree farm that consisted of three rows of untrimmed weird pine trees mixed with a few spruces and they charged $50 bucks. I would love to take people from here to see what a real Christmas tree farm looks like.
We looked at every tree there and finally settled on this Spruce. I really like the sparseness of it and at least we still got to cut it down. The trees out in front of the RiteAid by our house have tags on them from McKenzie Farms. Sounds familiar.


Last Sunday we went on a hike in Millcreek Canyon and it felt soooo good to get out of the city and onto some trails.
It was colder up the canyon than we expected so Rivers put on Carlos' sweatshirt. With her walking stick she looks like a shepherd from the Bible.


This is the beginning of the Pipeline trail called Rattlesnake Gulch. The kids thought it was fun to hike in the snow and I tested my out of shape body by running up the trail for a few minutes. Sorry this post is so dang long. I guess I should update this more than once every 2 months.

3 comments:

D, A, B, Z, and Ak said...

In the picture when the cornrows came out and her hair is all kinky - is that a water fountain in the background??? (:
You look great! Your kids look happy! Neat seeing pictures!

Nicola Ries Taggart said...

Tasha:
The babies are SO cute! I am so happy to see that they are healthy and growing. I bet you can't wait to get them home. I'll be thinking of you through the holidays. Would love to see you as we will be in Philomath, but am guessing you'll be staying put this Christmas.
Hugs,
Nicki

Angela Marie Black said...

Everybody looks so happy and healthy! The twins look like they've already changed so much. They're absolutely adorable. It looks like you've been busy and enjoying the holidays so far. What a great Christmas this will be! Hope you are feeling good and getting your energy and muscles back! Merry Christmas and congratulations again!