
Oops, some of these pictures are out of order and my computer won't let me move them. So, here is a peek of what's to come... Rivers got baptized on June 26th and here are her Nana and Lito posing with her.

Here's a pic from a while ago... it's Tanner and Alissa on their creative, romantic snow date they back country skiied to... he proposed and the wedding is July 23rd. Woo hoo!

I love, love nice summer nights when the sun goes down enough for the whole yard to be shaded and we just hang out on the front porch/yard eating popsicles and watching/mingling with neighbors until about 10pm or until the mosquitoes get too bad. We have a fun neighborhood.

Baby blue eyes sporting a pretty little red dress that was mine as a baby. For 8 months the only word I could think of to describe Reagan was "sweet" and then all of a sudden this week she has started doing this frustrated grunt/growl (like my Marge Simpson) and grabbing our faces until we want to cry. I think she's getting frustrated because she just wants to get up and go, go, go but she's not strong enough yet. She rolls and scoots around, but she acts like it's not fast enough for her - she wants to run!

We found some face paints and Dwight is very into tigers (he's Tiger Roar and Rivers is Tiger Mania), so I turned him into one for the day. He couldn't stop looking at himself in the mirror.

Heeeey! Hoooo! Cute little matching 4th of July outfits. I guess you can't really tell, but his shorts are the same material as her dress. They finally have enough core strength to sit up in these great little seats for a while.

We had a neighborhood 4th of July flag raising, free breakfast and kid parade followed by a big water fight with the fire engine hoses.

The kids decorated their bikes and did the parade. As soon as the fire engine took off, which was the signal that the parade was starting, CD bolted on his bike, weaving in between everyone like it was a race. Carlos had to run to catch him and make sure he didn't try to pass the fire engine. If this picture was bigger you would see by the look on his face how ready to go he was. He is a wild man on his pink balance bike - going off curbs, trying to do "tricks" etc. My favorite quote of his this month was after another bad bike crash... I hurried over to help him and he was getting up laughing and saying "you can't break me!"

Dreyton's favorite spot to scoot to is under our chairs. He always has that lizard tongue out lately.

I finally convinced Carlos to let me cut his hair (after he saw the baptism photos and agreed that he kind of looked like a terrorist). I tried to stop after I cut it into this sweet do.

Rivers' baptism day. She looked so beautiful.

Christina (Carlos' sister) made her a pretty chrysanthemum lay and I made her dress.

Another big day for our family. Carlos baptized Rivers and the water was freezing. No one warned them that it wasn't the usual balmy bath water, so the looks on their faces was pretty funny.

Here's the whole crew that came and supported Rivers.

And here's Rivers with all her boy cousins at the after party. Yes, Rivers is actually massaging Sione's feet.

Tanner and Alissa babysitting the kids. Never give Dwight a hose unless you're ready to be drenched....you think I'd learn.


Rivers turned 8 on June 23rd and wanted to have her party at Sugarhouse park so we could do what she calls "the riverwalk". It's a hike along the river that goes through the park. I know Rivers likes to do that stuff, but I didn't know if all the kids would like it, but everyone had a great time and it was the most relaxing party I've ever had to plan. We just walked along a pretty trail, stopped to throw rocks in the water, collected rocks to paint, played some games, and ate watermelon (Rivers favorite) and cake. I can't believe I have an 8 year old. What a great kid!


Birdhouse birthday cake.

Their new ride..


We had dinner at my cousin's house and Rivers has so much fun making up movies and routines with her girls.

It's been really fun to live kind of close to them because growing up I always told everyone DeEtte was my best friend even though we lived like 1000 miles away and I only got to spend two weeks a year with her. Now we're all grown up and it's been fun to reconnect because our likes/dislikes, and opinions are so similar it's almost creepy :) ......and our kids have a great time together.
2 comments:
Great pics of the family...looks like you're enjoying the summer so far! I have yet to catch up on my blog but will try and get some pics of the new baby up soon. I don't know how you get it all done with 4 kids...you are amazing! The twins are adorable. Rivers looked beautiful in the dress you made her...again, you are amazing! And Dwight seems like such a happy, fun little guy. Take care!
Tasha -- I just realized we'll be in SLC this weekend -- don't know if you're around or even available, but if you'd like to meet up that would be cool. I can't find your email, but please email me back at skcummings @ hotmail.com or call 503-459-7032 You guys are looking great! Krystal
Post a Comment