Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fall birthdays, halloween and stuff.

A big important happening this fall included these guys' third birthday!  Who would of thought during that whole fiasco of getting them here safely that this is what they would be three years later.  My heart runneth over :)!!!




 They loved their train cake.  After the crowd left we re-lit the cake at least 5 times because they kept wanting to blow the candles out and be sung to....and hey, it's their birthday, so we did it.
My favorite plant this year.  It was like three different plants in one.  
Made lots and lots of salsa and chunky applesauce.

Tried to make apple cider with this old press, but it didn't work as well as the one we usually rent.
First day of 5th grade!!!


Picking flowers to take to Opa.  It looks like summer, but we just had a super nice, dry, warm fall (until November).
The kids loved helping me make the bench for the table (they wanted to help a little bit too much, so it felt like it took forever to finish).
HIKING

These pictures are funny.  Carlos was playing "Red light, Green light" with them one night and they were having so much fun I had to get the camera out.  Love Dreyton's karate chop stance.  Ready....

Green light!!  Rivers is a little bit faster off the line than the others :)
This was Carlos' birthday party.  We just had friends over for coconut cream pie.  It was an absolutely perfect night.  Wish I had a picture of the sunset that night.
The finished farmtable and bench set!  Yeah!
For the twins party, we dug in sand boxes for treasure...
and made a "Balloon City"!
Then came Halloween.  The kids costumes were so fun this year.  Rivers looked exactly like Katniss Everdeen (complete with a gold mockingjay pin).  CD decided last Halloween that he wanted to be "Puss n Boots" and he stuck with it.  For some reason, it made me laugh everytime I looked at him.  Reagan loved being a flower...as seen by the look on her face in this pic and the bumblebee costume was perfect for Dre because he could run, jump and fall down in it and not ruin it.  
Halloween treats for Rivers' school party (thank you Pinterest).  That day I went to preschool with the three youngest, left straight from there to go do Rivers' party, had an hour break, then we went trick or treating downtown, helped with a preschool fundraiser, went to the trunk or treat at the church, then took the kids neighborhood trick or treating.  It felt like 3 days in 1.

Some people treated Rivers like she was a celebrity when we were trick or treating.  High school kids would recognize who she was and go crazy, like she was really Katniss.  
Reagan actually liked being in the flower pot (I just cut the bottom out and  held it up with yarn over her shoulders like suspenders).  She even figured a way to keep in on in her carseat and it must have been comfortable because she fell asleep in it.


 I was a gardener for my bee and flower...
 ...and Carlos was the beekeeper.
 He insisted that I make him a mask instead of just drawing a cat face on him.

 Reagan used a watering can for her candy bucket.  


And just a cute pic of Rea to finish up this blog.  I couldn't get my pictures together of the San Juan Island trip yet, so that blog will have to wait.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

1. the view from your porch is amazing.
2. LOVE the table and bench! I am so impressed!
3. super cute halloween costumes and treats!

D, A, B, Z, and Ak said...

Wow - 3 years old!!! I remember you being on bed rest in the hospital! I'm sure YOU remember that!!! :)
LOVE the watering can as a treat bucket! And yes - I'm sure Rivers costume was a hit - that book/movie is very popular! And she has the hair!!! :)
I enjoyed seeing all the cute update pictures!