Thursday, May 6, 2010

10th Anniversary and such

On May 10th, 2010, we had our 10th anniversary. That's a lot of 10's. So here is a picture from the wedding day 10 years ago....
and one from our anniversary breakfast at Eggs in the City. On our wedding day, this crazy storm came through and during the reception that got moved indoors, a huge double rainbow appeared. Everyone made a big deal about it. I don't remember seeing a double rainbow since that day. Then, on our anniversary when we came out from dinner at The Melting Pot (our favorite) it was stormy and by the time we walked to our car a huge double rainbow appeared! You have to look really close in the picture to see the second rainbow - it was brighter in person. Pretty cool, eh? We decided it was definitely a good omen or a sign from heaven or something.


These are my Mother's Day pictures. It started with a delicious breakfast of scrambled eggs with mushrooms and tomatoes and a fruit cup of melon and strawberries. It is the cutest thing ever to see how excited Rivers gets to serve me breakfast in bed. I could hear her out in the kitchen ordering Carlos around to make sure it was just right. Then I swear she was more excited about giving me the stuff she'd made at school for mother's day than she is the day before Christmas. She is seriously the best kid ever. I can say that because my other kids can't read yet. Since I'm talking about Mother's Day, I can brag about my kids - when I took something to her class this week her teacher said "I just have to tell you Rivers is perfect. If there were an award for the perfect student, Rivers would get it". That was a nice thing to hear this week and with all the craziness we've been through this last year, I am more appreciative than ever of the 4 great kids I have and how much I love being their Mom. The emotional and physical tortures of 13 weeks of bedrest and 8 weeks of going back and forth to the NICU definitely puts any child rearing difficulties into perspective.

I know I have about a million pictures of them in their crib, but I never get tired of it (sorry if you do). Notice Reagan has started sucking her tiny thumb. They weighed in at 11 1/2 lbs. and 11 lbs. 11 oz. at 6 months old. It's kind of fun having little babies because Rivers and CD were both humungous and weighed 20 lbs. at 6 months. Reagan is very tall - already almost average for a 6 month old and 97th% for her adjusted age. Dreyton is two inches shorter and not on the charts yet, causing great anxiety for Carlos.

Dwight got some new running shoes and Rivers got a new running outfit so they wanted to go for a night run around the block to try them out.


I should never have told Rivers that her cousin Madison was coming into town. She must have asked me 100 times when she was coming and waited in the cold outside wrapped up in a blanket for 2 hours for her.

They had so much fun playing house because they each had a real baby to take care of. I liked it because they changed real diapers.

This is kinda funny, but I got picked to be the hair model for the Good Things Utah morning show and one of the anchors learned to cut hair on me. They filmed it and are going to show it on air on May 17th and they're also going to have me come on the show that day and do my make-up live. Should be fun, but I'm a little nervous that I'll trip or stutter or something :) . Anyway, here is my new haircut. I got to go to a really plush salon to have it done which was fun since "plush" is not a word I would use to describe my life very much.

First outing as a family of 6 was to Rivers' soccer game. I was still paranoid when all the little girls hovered around and started touching them. I actually told them to stop touching them and that they could look but not touch. Such a mean Mom.

Rivers looking so darn cute I had to snap a picture.

Reagan was laying in Rivers' bed when I was reading to Rivers and they got to fall asleep together.



These are a few pics from Spring break. Doesn't look very Spring like, huh. We went on some hikes and got into snow after about 200 meters. For some reason they loved this little fir tree. Time for a trip to Oregon if they don't remember what fir trees are! Actually it has been almost a year and I'm starting to have withdrawals for pine needle laden trails, crisp fresh breezes, and wild blackberries!

We got a scare last month when Schatze quit eating and drinking and wouldn't even raise her head. We took her to the vet and she said Schatze had cancer all over her abdomen and that we should probably leave her and have her put to sleep. She gave us the option though to take her home with pain pills and let us spend time with her for a few more days. Rivers (actually all of us) were bawling and bawling. She was like our first baby. We got her before we got married. Anyway, that was almost a month ago and she acts totally fine now! We gave her the pain pills for 2 days. Rivers knows it's a miracle because of her prayer she said for Schatze. What if we would have taken the vet's advice and had her put down!!! Bluede Kueh!

I was trying to take a cute picture of Carlos with the babies, but he just couldn't take his eyes off his precious Lakers (booo!).

Dreyton enjoying his bath.


Some fashionable boots I made for Reagan out of yarn that's 50% bamboo. It's so soft and my new favorite yarn.

They match the boots I made for Cassidy. We need to get those girls together (hint Whitney).

Rivers on my old bike as my running partner. She gets comments on this bike every time she rides it. A guy asked to buy it the other day. I said 'no way Jose - too sentimental'.


More Spring break pics. We go to this park and they play for about 5 minutes on the playground then head for these fun climbing trees.

This was my first time out alone with all 4 kids. We went and had a picnic at the park. Once I finally had all of them in the car I was trying to think of any other place I could go after the park because it felt so good to be out (but I couldn't think of anything so we had to just go back home).

Another little outing to the river through Sugarhouse park.

This is my new favorite picture.


This clip was one night at about 10pm when it was pouring down rain and so the kids went out in it with the huge umbrella and started singing "we're in the city! It's such a pity! We want to get out!" at the top of their lungs. I'm sure our grumpy neighbors loved that. I did.

1 comment:

D, A, B, Z, and Ak said...

Loved them out in the rain singing!!! And the bike/running partner comments! and I say the double rainbow was a gift from relatives in heaven!!! You look good and congrats on taking out the crew alone!! I still remember the first time I ventured out with my 3 alone. (: You're great!