Right now I really just want to rant about how disappointed I am with Americans for electing a President that Snoop Dog (oh excuse me, Snoop LION) thinks is cool instead of someone that actually has the qualifications and work ethic and trustworthiness to lead this country to greatness again. I felt like the country had finally found a team in Romney and Ryan that had intellect and ambition that I could 100% support. So many supported the current President for his stance on gay marriage and abortion, yet those things aren't going to matter a whole heck of a lot if this country falls to terrorist plots from weak foreign policy and/or the economy continues to plummet to the point where the American Dream is dead for my children (and for me for that matter), or even if our healthcare becomes second rate. I better stop and get onto my online journalling, but I'm still a little sick thinking about how Obama supporters make excuses for or don't want to look at the numbers and how far this country has fallen in the last 4 years and try to blame anyone but the commander in chief. I feel like if anyone educated looked at and compared the numbers during Romney's stint as governor and the numbers during Obama's 4 years, the choice would be 100% clear who should run the country and get us economically back on track. But instead they choose the "cool" guy....guess Americans these days want to be cool and broke instead of a leading nation in the world again with secure, happy families that can support themselves. Aaaahhhhh! OK....enough.
Looking back at happier days.....here are a few pics from Carlos' phone from our Santa Cruz camping trip.
This is where the "bug" started. We left the campsite, drove through some winding mountain roads and CD started puking. I mean like every hour for 10 hours. I was up with him all night and by the next morning wasn't feeling so great. We made the long drive home with CD and me kind of moaning deliriously. This crazy bug then went on to infect everyone in the family with the first symptom being a sudden, violent up-chuck. It then passed to my sister, her whole family, to both of my brothers and their families and my Mom. Oops.
Black pebble beach in Newport, OR
CASCADIA - coolest river spot ever. I took our little raft and made at least 10 trips down a little section of rapids with the kids taking turns. I was worn out at the end of the day from carrying it back up river so many times.
![]() |
| Our next roadtrip was to Folsom, CA for Carlos' sister's oldest daughter's wedding:) We had a family party the night before at this super nice friend's house. |
Everyone had a great time exploring this fun pool, complete with two hot tubs, secret cave under the waterfall, cliffs for diving, long slide, etc., etc.
Me and the beautiful bride!!
| Cousin time |
![]() |
| Carlos' bros and sissies. The non-polka dot sister was the mother-of-the-bride. |
Rivers (a flower girl:) and cutie sister-of-the-bride.
![]() |
| The boys |
The Nuno cousins with bride and groom
The day after we got home we buzzed the boys long locks before setting off on our next road trip the following day. We had fun cutting it into some great mohawks and mullets along the way to being all buzzed. CD had been called a "she" one too many times, so he was ready. And here is a preview of roadtrip #4 to the San Juan Islands (so I guess part of it was a boat-trip). The ferry rides from island to island were one of the highlights.











2 comments:
Hi Tasha! Couldn't agree with you more about the election. It just made me sad. I really don't understand what people are thinking. On a lighter note, your kids just get cuter and cuter! Also, I love your swimsuit. Is it J. Crew? It's fun to catch up on all your adventures!
Thank you! I thought I was the only one from our mission who was voting for Romney! I was beginning to think everyone but me had been brainwashed into believing in socialism!! This is the frist election when I actually cried at the results and I sobbed. Poor America. Anyway, on to happier things, your trips look fun and I can't wait to see the pics from the San Juan islands!!!
Post a Comment