Sunday, February 16, 2014

Halloween 2013

 
 
I spent a LOT of time de-thatching, raking, and overseeding our lawn during fall.  That meant the kids got to do what they like to do most.....play in the dirt outside while I worked.  I was so determined to get it done by Saturday night and had been working the entire day on it, so I put a head lamp on and finished spreading the seed and putting peat moss on it after dark.  I'm sure my neighbors thought I was crazy.  I'm still getting used to having neighbors so close. 
 Halloween day Carlos went as a Roman dude and I did weird stuff like.........
 ....put cut off ice hands in blood juice in a cauldron for the kids to drink from. 
 Trick-or-treating time!  It was extra fun this year because our block was shut down to traffic for a block party and people put stuff like this ghostbusters game up in their yard. 

Then the sprinting from house to house began.  Reagan took a second to smile and wave at the camera. 


 We were all enthralled by this house that had these white bubbles floating around their yard that when you touched, they would turn into smoke. 

At the pumpkin patch a couple of weeks before Halloween.

The twins cheering Rivers on at her districts cross-country meet.  Top 6 get medals and she took 7th, but she was still happy because she started so late in the season that it was only her 2nd meet and she didn't get to practice much because of basketball.  It looks nice out, but that day the wind was sooo cold.   

Out the door to trick-or-treat

 This year we had.......a Ninja!
a wolf,

Little Red Riding Hood,

 and a Nerd.
 Halloween block party with hot dogs grilled right across the street.
 I wonder how long they'll let me keep dressing them in twinsie costumes......hopefully forever because I have a bunch more I want to do :)


No comments: